Oceans Surround Diverse Worlds and Whisper Tales of Love, Loss and Adventure



Remember the once blank pages…

now filled…

how it occurred…

occurred to you…

to fill…

blank pages.






Sunday, April 18, 2010

Exotic Simplicity

Coffee has infiltrated my system. Time for water. I've tried to eliminate this joyous soy latte from my diet, but I enjoy the routine far too much. I absolutely adore getting coffee in the morning at a local cafe. I always run into someone I know and I usually hear a story, whether good news, bad news, or juicy gossip. Plus, the wonderful, warm, thick taste of the soy milk mixed in with the espresso is enough to make any bad day better. Ahhh, it is so delightful. I cannot give that up and why should I? I just have to remember to slug down more than enough water to escape the headache or stiff, dehydrated joints the next morning I wake. Coffee in the morning is a brilliant ceremony to par take in and I thank all those coffee shop owners for their brilliance and hard work at caffeinating the world.
I wish I drank more tea - I know it is healthier - but, there is nothing like that strong, yet thoughtful, punch in the face when the AM rolls around to get me excited for the dull errands I must pursue.
There are pitfalls, as in any close relationship. Coffee lets me down in the afternoon, yet it picks me up when I call upon it again. And, although I get more done, the pace at which I do is insane and I fumble much more often with my jittery hands.
But, I thank you coffee, because it is you who gives me inspiration. It is you who allows my creativity to flourish. Thank you coffee, without you this never would have been written.

No comments: