Oceans Surround Diverse Worlds and Whisper Tales of Love, Loss and Adventure



Remember the once blank pages…

now filled…

how it occurred…

occurred to you…

to fill…

blank pages.






Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Little Face Of Life

Today I woke up refreshed. I slept in a bit longer than I usually do, but then again I went to bed later than I usually do. My first thought upon rising was to cut up the Cantaloupe I bought on sale the day before. I would throw in a handful of blueberries and complete it with a side of toast with butter. I wanted to make the presentation and ceremony of breakfast beautiful, so I acted upon my desire and threw the blankets off and headed to the kitchen to begin slicing into that juicy, orange fruit. I set up plates on top of chargers, with napkins and forks and two glasses of cranberry juice. I even went the distance of picking a flower from outside. I placed it inside an old vase with cracked blue paint. The orange and blue sitting together in the brown fruit bowl added so much to the other colors in the room. The position of the plates in accordance with our hearts made for a perfect balance.
I had put so much energy into this morning meal I was exhausted soon after. I decided to allow myself this time and fell back into bed for an hour.
Breakfast was good, my short nap was needed and my morning went wonderful. The simple things in life can bring much joy. Making breakfast was therapy for me. It brought me at ease, put a smile on my face and set the mood for the rest of my day.

No comments: